The employee’s basic salary is revised on a yearly basis. It is dependent on the individual’s performance evaluations. The employees can usually expect their basic salary to be increased as a result.
The relevant team that has recruited the candidate can usually offer Salary Add-ons to the employee’s salary depending on the place he works at. It is not included in the contract.
In order to encourage high performance, the Company currently offers the following variable bonuses:
- Incentive: Up to 4 basic salaries.
- Spot Bonus: Up to 1 full basic salary.
- Share of Success: Calculated annually by Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and subject to change.
- a) Housing Allowance:
The Company provides monthly housing allowances to persons who live outside of Company provided accommodation. The allowances are market based and will enable one to maintain a high standard of living.
- b)Housing Grant:
The Company pays housing grants to married employees after they complete their probation period.
- c)Furniture Grant:
The Company grants the employee a sum that is only payable once to initially purchase furnishings for an unfurnished residence after their probation period is completed.
The employee will be provided with a Company maintained vehicle inclusive of gasoline, insurance, and maintenance, depending on the grade they signed for.
The Company will cover 90% of actual school tuition fees to a maximum of 4 children between the ages of 4 and the maximum years of age allowed by the General Administration of Immigration.
- a) Medical and Dental:
Treatment is provided free of charge to the employee and their family (wife and children under the age of 19) in Kuwait at the Company’s Ahmadi Hospital. This includes prescriptions. Employees will also have the option to subscribe to the private health insurance program.
- b) Corrective Eye Glasses:
The Company assists with the cost of purchase of corrective eyeglasses.
- c) Term Life and Personal Accident Insurance Scheme:
Upon joining the Company, you shall become a member in the Company’s Term Life and Personal Accident Insurance Scheme by which an expatriate under 60 years of age is covered 24 hours worldwide whether on or off duty. The benefits under ththe mentioned scheme are as follows:
- Death due to natural causes or sickness = 24 months’ salary.
- Death due to accident = 60 months’ salary.
- Permanent total disablement due to sickness = 24 months’ salary.
- Permanent partial disablement due to accident = % age of 72 months’ salary.
- Medical expenses due to accident = 10% of sum maximum up to KD 2,000 per accident, per staff member.
- Repatriation expenses = Maximum of KD 2,000 per staff member, per event.
- a)Annual Leave:
Forty two (42) calendar days’ annual leave each calendar year, rising to (45) days after five years service. This is pro-rated in the first year. Newly recruited employees are not allowed to take any leave balance before completing six (6) months of service.
- b)Annual Leave Airfare:
Cash equivalent of Economy Class or Business Class or First Class Air Tickets for you and your family (up to 4 children under the maximum years of age allowed by the General Administration of Immigration, who are inside Kuwait with valid residence) to and from point of origin. Paid for each year of service, the first payment shall be after 12 months service subsequent payments will be in January each year. Airline Class shall be dependent on the grade offered.
- c) Compassionate Leave:
Up to 10 days in a year may be granted as Compassionate Leave, for family emergency (serious medical) matters. Bereavement Leave of up to 7 days for the expatriate relates to immediate family members and up to 3 days for non-immediate family.
- a) Travel Class:
You shall be provided with Economy Class or Business Class or First Class Air Tickets for yourself and your eligible family up to four children under age 19. Airline Class shall be dependent on the grade offered.
- b) Shipment:
The Company shall undertake to cover the cost of shipment of unaccompanied personal effects, for yourself and your eligible family up to 4 children (over 2 years of age and under 19) or equivalent cost, if shipped by any other means, subject to you providing necessary supporting documents, to your point of origin upon arrival and final repatriation (including documents from Kuwait General Administration of Customs). This allowance limit is inclusive of door-to-door shipping costs, cost of packing and insurance but excludes customs duties.
- a) Under the Company's initiative, termination of Service (indemnity) benefits shall be paid upon the conclusion of employment (unless you are dismissed for cause) with the required 3 months notice period. The payment shall be comprised of 30 days gross salary for each of the first 5 years of service and 45 days gross salary for each subsequent year computed on the basis of the last gross remuneration.
- b) The end of service benefits (Terminal Benefits) is calculated at 30 days Terminal Benefit remuneration for each of the first 5 years of service and 45 days Terminal Benefit remuneration for each subsequent year. Terminal Benefit Remuneration includes Basic salary plus constant monthly allowances as per employee’s grade. Employees’ who resign with less than 2 years of service are not entitled to Terminal Benefits, if they resign with 2 and less than 5 years of service entitlement is 50%, 5 and less than 10 years’ of service entitlement is 75%, 10 years and more entitlement is 100%.
- c) In case the company ends the contract from its side, employees’ terminal benefits entitlement is 100%.
KOC undertakes to pay all necessary local taxes at place of assignment on behalf of the expatriate.
a)Recreational Facilities; The Company has full range of sports and social facilities available for its employees in Ahmadi area. These include:
- Olympic size swimming pools.
- Golf course.
- Bowling alley.
- Astro-turf soccer pitches.
- Unity Center.
b) Hotels:The Company provides special discount rate offers for KOC employees from local and international hotels.
c) Group Trips: The Company provides annual group trips at a subsidized rate to various countries